By John R Brakey
The map shows what the 2016 US Presidential Election results would have been if votes not cast for Hillary, Trump or one of the third-party candidates or if had gone to fictional candidate named, “Did Not Vote.”
Disclaimer: The map above was accurate as of January 17th, 2017. Totals below were true at the time of writing but may no longer currently be accurate as additional votes and recounts are conducted.
Only 8 states + Washington DC, had high enough voter turnouts where one of the actual candidates won more votes than people who did not bother to vote. Iowa and Wisconsin for Trump and Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire and DC for Clinton.
(Undated) A few other 2016 election facts for you:
- As a percentage of eligible voters, Clinton received 26.82% (65,845,063) of all votes compared to Trump’s 25.65% (62,980,160) and Did Not Vote’s 43.79% (107,000,000).
- Total voter turnout was estimated to be 55.7% of the voting age registered population.
- It is the 5th election since 1820 when the winner of the popular vote lost the presidency (the others being 1824, 1876, 1888, and 2000)
- Donald Trump received 2,046,656 more votes than Romney did in 2012, but Hilary Clinton received 70,732 fewer votes than Obama did in 2012.
- Neither Candidate even won a majority of votes cast, Clinton got 48.0% vs Trump’s 45.9% of those who did vote.
- Washington DC is the only area in the country where a majority of all eligible voters (whether they voted or not) voted for Clinton (90% of voters, voted for Clinton on a 55.7% turnout). In the other 6 states listed above, victories were simple pluralities.
The numbers below are shocking! People have lost faith in the election system and these two corporate owned parties. For various reasons 107 million potential voters in the 2016 Presidential election in U.S. did not vote.
How many millions of those electors came to the same conclusion as Christine Mose did? Christine wrote: “Voting has become an act of endorsing your own systematic oppression and perpetuates the illusion that we live in a functioning democracy.” What I call the Mark Twain party below, Twain said some 100 years ago: “If voting made any difference they wouldn’t let us do it.”
When people come to that conclusion, many just stop voting. Voter turnout will only increase when people see proof that election results ARE REAL! Publicly verified elections, as we are proposing, utilizing digital ballot images with risk-limiting audits will result in elections that people can believe in.
We must make Elections Transparent, Track-able and Publicly Verified if we are to protect our democracy. Governments must not be the sole verifier of its own secret electronic elections.
Fact are the numbers below are shocking. Adolf Hitler won with a bigger margin in 1932 with 33% of the vote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_July_1932
The importance of ballot images is being increasingly recognized, as evidenced by the new Congressional effort to secure voting systems sponsored by Sen. Ron Wyden. Quote from THE HILL article: “State and local officials would also be required to implement what are known as “risk-limiting audits” — a method that verifies election outcomes by comparing a random sample of paper ballots with their corresponding digital versions — for all federal elections.”
Article from THE HILL, BY MORGAN CHALFANT – 06/12/18: “Dems unveil push to secure state voting systems.” “The bill introduced Tuesday (Wyden Bill) is specifically designed to ensure the integrity of and bolster confidence in the federal vote count”:
Dems unveil push to secure state voting systems
Video of Sen. Ron Wyden on hand marked paper ballots and audits:
Nationally, according to PEW report the 55.7% turnout in last year’s election puts the U.S. behind most of its peers in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, most of whose members are highly developed, democratic states. The most recent nationwide election in each of the 35 OECD member nations, placed USA the U.S. 28th, right behind Estonia.
Make sure to bookmark http://www.AUDITelectionsUSA.org and follow them on Facebook.
One thought on “If “Did Not Vote” Had Been A Candidate In The 2016 US Presidential Election They Would Have Won By a Landslide!”
Reblogged this on Blue Dragon Journal.